Tuesday, 28 September 2010

Ah, excuse me ma'aam...

Hackman
Hackman is someone who first caught my attention with the Bodies EP on well rounded. It was bassy and melodic, something I really hadn't encountered in Uk house music before. That was followed up by the Always EP on Shifting Peaks, which I wasn't feeling as much as Bodies. Hackman came back strong in june following up Doc Daneeka's release on new RAMP recording's offshoot, PTN (a label purely for stripped down basement house and UK Funky), with More than Ever. The anthemic title track sets the standard with more sweet melodies and pounding drums, then the chopped up vocal breakdown prompts a hands in the air moment, before the chunky bassline hits and it's all over.  After poking around his soundcloud I also found this unreleased gem entitled "Whatcha feelin'". The tracks at 96kbs, but you get the gist of it. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment