Sunday, 13 February 2011

Zhou



Tis is a post that has been a long time coming. I met one half of Zhou at a party sometime a few years ago, it wasn't till much later that I discovered he made music and a little after that that I realised the music that these guys were making was much better than most of dubstep I'd been listening to. I think one of the things I really like about Zhou is that they've managed to incorporate dub and reggae influences (check out Jogi and Memories) in a way that isn't boring and that doesn't compromise their own sound. Another big selling point is their brilliant collaborations with female vocalist Boesha which yielded the brilliant track Prayer; a clicky heartfelt half-stepper. Today I've got another track made with Boesha to give away called Lost; an ethereal haunting affair with Boesha's vocal tones matching the vibe of the track nicely. As a bonus there's 2 more freebies; the eastern influenced affair that is Crawl and also my favourite Zhou track, apotheke, remixed by Vessels. Zhou also had an excellent release out late last year on Bristolian label A future without which you should promptly go buy. If you've liked what you've heard, Zhou will be playing on Young Echo radio along with fellow young echo members Vessels, El Kid and recent Punch Drunk signing Kahn next sunday. More info and listening link here




No comments:

Post a Comment